Today kicks off our anniversary celebration weekend here at Lemon Street Market. Our first demonstration is from 1-3 PM today (Friday, October 17) with Daisy Flour. Roll out pie crust, ask questions about different types of flour, and learn more about the November Daisy Flour pie-making contest (receive free flour if you sign-up).
Come check it out and join us all weekend long for samplings and demos from store vendors!
Saturday, October 18
- 10:30 AM -12:30 PM: Applesauce demo with Betsey Sterenfeld of Essen Cooking. Betsey is helping us celebrate our anniversary with an ode to autumn’s best apples: she’s promised to share her time-saving and flavor-enhancing secrets with us. Don’t miss your chance to visit our Applesauce Bar and create your own custom flavors!
- 11 AM – 1 PM: Wine-bottling demo and book signing with Lori Stahl, author of Wine at Home (and local beekeeper).
Sunday, October 19,
- 12-3 PM: Free cheese sampling with Farm Fromage.
Not only does October mark the 3-year anniversary of our store, but it is also Fair Trade Month, Bulk Foods Week, National Cheese Month and Non-GMO Month – all causes that we firmly support. Check out these savings in store throughout the month of October:
- October 5-11: 10% off Fair Trade items to celebrate Fair-trade Month
- October 12-18: 10% off bulk foods and soap to celebrate National Bulk Food Week
- October 19-25: 10% off cheese to celebrate National Cheese Month
- October 26-November 1: GMO Awareness Week—look for information on GMOs (Genetically-Modified Organisms) throughout the store. There will be discounts on select products that are GMO-free.