What is a CashMOB?
- Fashioned after flash mobs, where groups of people meet to perform a ‘production’ of some sort, like dancing or singing.
- Cash Mob Lancaster meets at a local business with $20 in hand, and all participants purchase items to boost the locally owned businesses that the Mob meets at.
- Voting to select the Mobbing is managed by a poll on the CashMOB Lancaster Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CashMobLancasterpa).
- CashMOB Lancaster will attempt to do a monthly mobbing.
- A group of neutral individuals, local businesses and non-profit organizations manage the entire process.
- CashMOB Lancaster was founded by Rick Frescatore, Fresco Green Scene, and co-founded by Susquehanna Sustainable Business Network.
This month’s target: Lemon Street Market!! Following the mobbing, you are welcome to join others at The Fridge (534 N. Mulberry St. at 12:30PM).